Monday 10 June 2013

Creating a picture Gallery in Dreamweaver CS6.

As part of our web-design project in class, we have to show that we can make something that can be used on a website or an actual website. Seeing as I have already created a design for a website that could work, I decided to make an image Gallery which would be the main feature on my website. I used a tutorial provided by the Adobe website to help me do this.


Following this tutorial, I was able to make a gallery using my own images that looked like this.





















The bit of the tutorial that confused me a little was step 8 where you had to make a navigation bar. Click to point file is a feature in dreamweaver and I didn't know what it meant at first, but when I re-read the tutorial I knew what it was.

This is how I created my navigation bar for my image gallery.

I went to my gallery template page where all of my images where. I clicked on my first image.



After I had clicked on my image, I found the point to click icon next to link field box in properties.







The next thing that I had to do was actually use the point to click tool.



What this did was create a hyperlink between the gallery pages.
I repeated this step for all of my images.

-Rebecca Hickey

No comments:

Post a Comment